Certified Search Engine Optimisation Professional
Next Course Starts On: 20 November 2019
R8,750.00 Ex. VAT
About this SEO Course
SEOPSA Level 1 Certification Course:
This 3-day Search Engine Optimisation Professional certification program will equip you with the relevant skills and tools to optimise and maintain a successful SEO campaign. Learn how to increase your rankings on Google while attracting better quality audiences to your website using ethical and Google compliance best practice guidelines.
Understanding the Google Algorithm and Important Ranking Signals
Learn best-practice for On-Page; Technical and Off-Page SEO Optimisation
Understand the latest Google updates and how it impacts your Google Rankings
Learn advanced Keyword Research and Optimisation Techniques
Discovery the best SEO Tools and Software for Management and Reporting
Learn how to improve your Google Organic Rankings, Traffic and Leads
- What is Search Engine Optimisation
- Where does SEO Fit in the Buying Funnel
- SEO versus Search Marketing
- How Search Engines Work
- What is Negative SEO and SEO Spam
- Keyword Research & Selection
- Important Content Requirements for Quality, Depth & Freshness
- What is Duplicate Content, how does it impact SEO and what can be done about it
- What you should know in regards to Piracy and Plagiarism
- Intrusive Toxins to avoid such asInterstitials and Ads
- Over Optimisation Penalties such as Stuffing and Hidden Content
- Multimedia (Image & Video) Optimisation Guidelines
- Introduction to HTML Elements and Meta Data
- Best Practice Guidelines for Meta Data: Title Tag Optimisation
- Best Practice Guidelines for Meta Data: Description Tag Optimisation
- Best Practice Guidelines for Meta Data: Heading Tag Optimisation
- Best Practice Guidelines for Meta Data: Alt Tags Optimisation
- Introduction to Schema
- Enhanced Listings
- Featured Snippets
- Rich Answers
- Rich Results
- Knowledge Graph
- The Importance of Expertise; Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness (E-A-T)
- How to Optimise for E-A-T
- Understanding the impact and importance of the Quality Raters Guidelines
- Persona Development
- Engagement Optimisation
- Optimising for Locality: Country and Location
- Heuristic Evaluations and User Behaviour Monitoring
- Landing Page and Form Optimisation Tips
- Understanding the Backlink Value Pyramid
- What are Anchor Texts and how can they support your SEO Strategy
- Trust vs Authority: What’s the difference and how do you improve and measure your scores
- Understanding the requirements for Followed vs NoFollowed Backlinks
- What are Toxic Links and Schemes and how do you check for Negative Links
- Backlink Clean-up and Management Tips
- Diagnosing Indexing vs Crawling
- How to Optimise your Google Crawl Budget
- Robots Instructions: How to manage Crawl Instructions to the Bots
- How to maintain and action Coverage Errors
- Managing Duplicates: Canonicals vs Redirects
- Best Practice for Information Architecture
- Understanding the importance of URL Structures: Dynamic Parameters vs Permalinks
- Understanding HTTPS Encryption
- Why is HTTPS important for SEO
- How to manage an HTTP to HTTPS Migration
- Mobile Speed Requirements and Optimisation Guidelines
- Understanding Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- What are Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- How to run speed tests
- Responsive vs Mobile Site Requirements
- Mobile Friendly Enhancements
- Understanding the difference between Voice Search and Voice Assistant
- What is Conversational Search
- How to optimise for Voice Search
- What is Local SEO and why is it important
- How to Optimise your Google My Business Page
- Local Search Optimisation Tips
- Optimising for ‘near me’ queries
- Improve your rankings with Google Reviews and Ratings
- Google Search Console Management
- SEO Management, Tracking and Reporting Tools such as WebCEO, SEM Rush, Rank Ranger, etc
- WordPress Plugins for SEO such as Yoast
- Using Crawl Spider Tools such as Screaming Frog
- Other Free SEO Tools
- Important SEO KPI’s and Metrics
- Ongoing SEO Health Checklists
- SEO Audit Requirements
- Ongoing SEO Management
- Measuring against Objectives
- Search Console & Google Analytics
This course is suited to anyone who is interested in obtaining the Level 1 SEOPSA Certification. Website Owners, Webmasters, Search Engine Marketers, SEO Professionals, Online Content Managers, Web Copywriters and Digital Marketers will also gain extensive value from attending this programme.
There are no minimum educational requirements to attend this course.
A Laptop or Tablet is required to take part in the practical assignments during the training.
Basic Computer, Internet and Google knowledge is required.
We also advise that you set-up a Google Ads account prior to attending.
We recommend that you have access to your website’s Search Console and Google Analytics Accounts.
Contact us for assistance in setting up or gaining access to your Google Accounts.
You do not need to have any HTML, Coding or Technical Experience to attend this course.
This certificate is endorsed by the Association for Search Engine Optimisation Professionals South Africa (SEOPSA). The Association for Search Engine Optimisation Professionals South Africa (SEOPSA) is a non-profit organisation established to further the SEO profession in South Africa. The association strives to promote the interests of the SEO industry through encouraging legitimate practices within the profession while safeguarding the interest of companies through ethical best practice compliance.
In order to achieve this aware, you need to pass the SEOPSA Level 1 Examination (80% pass grade is required). Should you pass, then your SEOPSA Level 1 Certification will be issued and will remain valid for 24 months from date of issue. Due to the increasing number of changes to the SEO Ranking Factors, students are required to renew the certification every 2 years. Should you remain up-to-date on SEO, you can attempt the renewal examination when you are due for renewal; however students who do not pass this exam will be required to attend the full course again.
Students who pass the SEOPSA Level 1 Certification Exam will become eligible to attend the Advanced SEOPSA Level 2 Certification.
You can always read about best SEO practice however the reality is that there is so much content about this topic that its very confusing where to start. BlueMagnet have a great course that gives you the best tools and ways to structure your strategy with SEO without feeling overwhelmed. Their courses and professionals are great at what they do and no other option for your SEO needs
I've had an unbelievable 5 day experience at BlueMagnet doing the Digital Marketing course. The knowledge they impart on their delegates goes beyond what is required, equipping you with the necessary tools to develop your own successful digital marketing strategy. Make BlueMagnet your training center of choice!
I would recommend this course to anyone and everyone that needs to learn SEO in South Africa. I traveled from KZN to Jozi for a week and it was well worth the cost. If you need SEO Training, these are your guys. They set the benchmark for SEO Training in South Africa.
The Certified Digital Marketing training is a must for any working with Digital Communication or Digital Marketing, it covers in details and also in a very easy to understand approach the basics of creating a successful digital strategy. The teacher Ceri James uses a refreshing approach that made my "digital brain" produce many key ideas. :)
It's been an unbelievable 5-days on the BlueMagnet Certified Digital Marketing Professional course. The course offered insight into each channel and delved into best, and current, practices per channel. It's a wealth of knowledge to take back to the office and implement. Would recommend this course to anyone in the marketing realm!
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the course. The topic is far broader than I thought and there is still a lot to learn. Thanks for the opportunity to join and learn.
Awesome guys! Your business is thorough and trustworthy
Thoroughly enjoyed this course and I am sure that it will assist me in adding significant value to my clients
Brilliant course, informative and engaging. If you’re building a brand online, this course is for.
Very impressed with BlueMagnet. Very slick and professional. Great training of great value.
It was fantastic training and very practical, the knowledge and tools i have now am ready to take SEO to another level.
Great course. Covered the basics . I really enjoyed the technical SEO section. The keyword research part was also very useful. We covered the theory but also learned how to use it in practice. Very beneficial.
Interactive, stimulating, and overall comprehensive.
Really amazing course- worth every cent!
Great course, expertly presented
Very informative, structured and lecturers very professional
Our team comprises of a collective of over 45 years having delivered professional digital marketing research analysis, strategy, online advertising, paid search, social media and search engine (SEO), user-centric (UX) compliant web development and design specialists across all touchpoints. We are have been practicing digital marketing in South Africa for as long as Google and Facebook has been in existence.
Founded in 2007, BlueMagnet proudly carries the reputation as the longest standing SEO Training Company in South Africa – endorsed by the Association for SEO Professionals South Africa (SEOPSA) – having trained some of the top SEO Agencies in South Africa. BlueMagnet was the first accredited South African Training Partner to the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) in Ireland, having provided the internationally recognised Certified Digital Marketing Professional accreditation to over thousands of students across Africa since 2012. BlueMagnet has been at the forefront of digital training and skills development for the past 12 years, with lecturers and trainers who have hands-on practical experience in digital marketing research, analysis, strategy, UX, SEO, PPC and various other digital channels.
All our Digital Marketing Consultants have achieved outstanding grades in the internationally recognised Professional Digital Marketing Certification through the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). Our Search Marketers are all Google Ads and Analytics qualified and have also completed SEOPSA’s SEO Professional Certification Program. Our Digital Marketing practitioners continuously enforce and uphold best-practice standards and compliance in digital marketing, ensuring that we adhere to a strict code of ethics and white-hat principles.
Our user-centered design methodology is based on the Human Factors International (HFI) framework which has been perfected over the past 30 Years. Recognised as the global leader in user experience (UX) design, HFI have incorporated best practices across every part of the user-centered design process including UX strategy, innovation, user research, structural design, detailed design, testing and validation.
We apply a stringent recruitment, selection and upskilling process to ensure that we employ the most experienced and technically competent Digital Marketing Experts in South Africa to deliver only the best Digital Marketing Services to serve our valued clients. Our Google specialists draw experience directly from the world’s leading advanced Search Marketing conferences, staying ahead of the latest Google algorithms, search trends, and search marketing tools.
We continuously evaluate available technologies to ensure that we utilise the most accurate and sophisticated digital marketing tools and software to conduct Website, SEO, UX, Google Ads, Content, Social Media, Online Brand Reputation, Sentiment and Analytics Audits; as well as Competitor Analysis; Online Market Research and ongoing Digital Marketing performance benchmarking, optimisation and management.
BlueMagnet partners with only the best web development companies and responsive web design companies, to ensure that your website is planned and development according to the highest standards.
Our Students Work At
Looking for custom designed on-site Digital Marketing training for your team?
BlueMagnet offers onsite custom designed training to empower your team with relevant digital marketing and digital literacy skills. We run a series of skills assessments to identify the current proficiencies and gaps across various digital competencies, and assist companies in devising a tailored training plan to meet the unique digital skills development needs of your organisation.
Our digital experts have extensive experience having trained both large and small groups across all areas of digital marketing. Whether your team is fairly advanced or have no digital skills at all, we can customise a training programme that will take their digital skills from zero to hero in as little time as possible.
Customised in-house training will keep your marketing team up-to-date with the latest digital skills, which can be delivered at your premises or at our training centre in Johannesburg. Additional costs may apply to on-site locations outside of the greater Johannesburg area. Skills Assessments are quoted for separately based on the nature and number of assessments required.
A full day on-site custom course will cost R18 000 ex vat for a full day group training session which includes up to 10 people attending. Additional attendees thereafter will be charged at R750 ex vat per person.