Web Development & Design Jobs
Future. Skills. Ready.
WordPress Web Developer (Junior to Mid)
Your primary focus will be to create beautiful, user-friendly and SEO Compliant websites and landing pages that will aid in increasing our client’s website rankings while increasing their online conversions.
How will you achieve this?
- Development or design of new WordPress websites and/or features optimised for improved search and usability performance.
- Creation of wireframes in line with UX best practice guidelines as part of a web development specification, or stand-alone landing pages.
- Provide mock-ups on design elements of campaigns and websites.
- Maintaining or updating websites in line with SEO & Usability website optimisation guidelines.
- Incorporate Usability Tracking and user testing as required from time-to-time.
- Application of tracking code (e.g. Google Analytics) across media channels, including website tracking and related conversion tracking tools.
- Development or design of landing pages for strategic campaigns.
- Design of digital media creatives in line with campaign specifications and briefs.
- Design, distribution and management of electronic newsletters in line with specification briefs.
- General website maintenance of client and company websites.
- Hosting support to clients, as well as liaison with hosting service providers to ensure optimal delivery and performance of hosting environment for best results.
- Regular speed tests on websites (including server and client-side) and reporting results, and recommendations for enhancements to production manager.
- Ad hoc design of corporate identify and marketing collateral, including but not limited to brochures, stationery, banners etc.
Qualifications & Skills to perform these tasks:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience building WordPress websites
- At least 3 years’ experience in Web Design (Photoshop / Image Optimisation & Compression skills required)
- Strong Mobile Readiness (responsive experience)
- Experience with HTML 5 preferred
- PHP experience advantageous
- Strong SEO & Usability Skills
- Must have an above-average attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Should have the ability to work according to strict deadlines and must have good time-management and prioritisation ability
- Should be honest and apply a high level of ethics across all aspects
Please note: Only candidates who meet all of the above minimum qualifications & skills required may submit their CV, accompanied by a cover letter describing why the candidate is most suited to this position. Cover letter should include current salary, salary expectation and notice period or soonest availability.
Our team comprises of a collective of over 45 years having delivered professional digital marketing research analysis, strategy, online advertising, paid search, social media and search engine (SEO), user-centric (UX) compliant web development and design specialists across all touchpoints. We are have been practicing digital marketing in South Africa for as long as Google and Facebook has been in existence.
Founded in 2007, BlueMagnet proudly carries the reputation as the longest standing SEO Training Company in South Africa – endorsed by the Association for SEO Professionals South Africa (SEOPSA) – having trained some of the top SEO Agencies in South Africa. BlueMagnet was the first accredited South African Training Partner to the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) in Ireland, having provided the internationally recognised Certified Digital Marketing Professional accreditation to over thousands of students across Africa since 2012. BlueMagnet has been at the forefront of digital training and skills development for the past 12 years, with lecturers and trainers who have hands-on practical experience in digital marketing research, analysis, strategy, UX, SEO, PPC and various other digital channels.
All our Digital Marketing Consultants have achieved outstanding grades in the internationally recognised Professional Digital Marketing Certification through the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). Our Search Marketers are all Google Ads and Analytics qualified and have also completed SEOPSA’s SEO Professional Certification Program. Our Digital Marketing practitioners continuously enforce and uphold best-practice standards and compliance in digital marketing, ensuring that we adhere to a strict code of ethics and white-hat principles.
Our user-centered design methodology is based on the Human Factors International (HFI) framework which has been perfected over the past 30 Years. Recognised as the global leader in user experience (UX) design, HFI have incorporated best practices across every part of the user-centered design process including UX strategy, innovation, user research, structural design, detailed design, testing and validation.
We apply a stringent recruitment, selection and upskilling process to ensure that we employ the most experienced and technically competent Digital Marketing Experts in South Africa to deliver only the best Digital Marketing Services to serve our valued clients. Our Google specialists draw experience directly from the world’s leading advanced Search Marketing conferences, staying ahead of the latest Google algorithms, search trends, and search marketing tools.
We continuously evaluate available technologies to ensure that we utilise the most accurate and sophisticated digital marketing tools and software to conduct Website, SEO, UX, Google Ads, Content, Social Media, Online Brand Reputation, Sentiment and Analytics Audits; as well as Competitor Analysis; Online Market Research and ongoing Digital Marketing performance benchmarking, optimisation and management.
BlueMagnet partners with only the best web development companies and responsive web design companies, to ensure that your website is planned and development according to the highest standards.